WAXING SERVICES LEXINGTON & GEORGETOWN, KY
“Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed.”
Waxing service near me!
Throughout the years, we've all heard a myriad of waxing stories: the good ones, the bad ones, and the ugly ones... but, the truth is, you shouldn't be scared of waxing! At Advanced Skin & Vein Care Centers, we carry state-of-the-art waxing systems as well as top quality hard wax and soft wax, giving our customers great products to help themselves or their own clients something reliable to feel at ease about. Read on to understand a little more about hard wax versus soft wax, including their pros and cons. Once you know exactly which area of your body each wax is better for, you will certainly make your waxing experience more comfortable, more efficient and safer.
Hard Wax vs. Soft Wax
There are a wide array of brands and types of wax out there, but all of them fall into two main categories: hard wax and soft wax. Soft wax is what you usually think of when you think of body waxing. Soft wax is applied with a waxing spatula before being removed using a muslin strip. This wax is best suited for larger areas such as arms, legs, and armpit.
Taking more skill to use, hard wax is a little different. It is thicker and applied warm with a spatula. Once the wax hardens, it is removed without the use of a strip. When waxing the face, hard wax is generally used. Additionally, it is our professional opinion that, when it comes to sensitive skin such as the bikini area, hard wax is also the best option. It attaches itself only to the hair, not the skin, reducing discomfort and minimizing the possibility of irritation.
Nevertheless, soft wax is ideal for Brazilian waxing. Why is that so? Unlike traditional bikini waxing, where a small strip of hair is left on top, with Brazilian waxing, everything is taken off from the labia to the rear. This area in particular is extra sensitive for one reason: the hair is extra coarse because it grows in different directions, making soft wax more effective and less painful for patients.
Hard Wax - Pros and Cons
• Hard wax is less painful on the face than soft wax.
• Hard wax can only be applied in small areas or it will break - it is not efficient to use on larger areas of the body like legs.
• Hard wax leaves no sticky residue. It is much easier to clean up.
• Hard wax grabs shorter hair, eliminating the need to wax on the same area twice.
• Hard wax is significantly more costly for suppliers to purchase, making it less popular in regular salons.
• When using hard wax, the hair follicles and pores open up from the heat, making it much easier to pull the hair out.
Soft Wax – Pros and Cons
• Soft wax adheres to skin more than hard wax, exfoliating skin more.
• Soft wax grabs fine hairs perfectly, working better on large areas of the body than hard wax.
• Unlike hard wax, soft wax cannot be applied to the same spot twice because it removes layers of dead skin.
• Even if soft wax tends to be stickier than hard wax, there is no special preparation needed.
• Soft wax is much cheaper than hard wax.
• Less painful for most people, soft wax is perfect for extra sensitive areas such as the armpits or a Brazilian wax.